Looking for dessert ideas? This Black Forest cupcake recipe is sure to impress your guests!
ngredients (serves 18)
• 125g reduced fat butter or margarine
• 1/2 cup caster/raw sugar
• 1/2 cup plain low fat yoghurt
• 2 eggs
• 2 cups self-raising flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/3 cup dark cocoa, sifted
• 1/2 cup low fat milk
• 200g pitted cherries, halved
Icing & Decoration
• 235g light cream cheese
• 1 cup icing sugar mixture
• 1 tsp vanilla extract*
• 1 tbsp low fat milk
• 18 whole cherries with stem on
1. Preheat oven to 180˚C and place 18 cupcake patty casings in a muffin tin.
2. Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat together until creamy. Add eggs and beat well until incorporated.
3. Stir in yoghurt and then gently fold in flour, baking powder, cocoa, cherries and milk until combined.
4. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tin and bake for 40 minutes or until golden and springy.
5. Remove cupcakes from muffin tin and allow to cool.
Make the icing by combining cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract, and beating until smooth. Top each cake with a whole cherry to serve. (Dust with extra icing sugar if desired.)
Browse more dessert ideas or share your recipes on our Facebook page!