Masterchef contestant Aaron Harvie and Dietitian Arabella Forge share some delicious recipes from new food website Lovetoshare.com.au
Ingredients (serves 4)
For the Salad
12 prawns, peeled and deveined
4 red chillies, finely chopped
¼ red onion, sliced thinly
1 stalk spring onion, finely chopped
½ mango, finely chopped
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
Handful of bean shoots
Half a bunch of mint leaves, roughly torn
Half a bunch of coriander Leaves, Roughly Torn
Half a Bunch of Thai Basil Leaves, Roughly Torn
1 Continental Cucumber, Sliced Thinly
1 tbsp sesame seeds
For the Dressing
2 Tbsp Anchovy Fish Sauce
2 Tbsp Grape Seed Oil
½ Clove of Garlic, Finely Chopped
1 Tbsp Ginger, Finely Chopped
Juice of ½ a Lime
½ Tbsp Palm Sugar
1. Tear the mint, coriander and Thai basil. Add to large bowl.
2. Add bean shoots.
3. Chop the chillies, onion, spring onion, mango, cherry tomatoes and cucumber and add to bowl.
4. Using a mortar and pestle, crush garlic and ginger into a paste and add fish sauce, grape seed oil, lime juice and palm sugar. Mix well and taste, ensuring there is a balance between salty and sweet.
5. Heat a BBQ to high heat and cook the prawns until just cooked through.
6. Add dressing to the salad and toss well.
7. Add salad to each plate with three prawns and garnish with sesame seeds.
Browse more low-fat recipes or choose a healthy eating plan.