Feeding for a fresh, light lunch that’s vegetarian friendly? This versatile zucchini salad ticks all boxes and is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 2 zucchini, grated and excess water squeezed out
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup wholemeal spelt flour (or gluten-free flour)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp pine nuts
- 75 g rocket leaves
- 1 tsp capers, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 150 g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 30 g parmesan cheese, shaved
- ¼ cup basil leaves
Preheat oven to 200°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
In a large mixing bowl, combine well-squeezed zucchini with finely grated parmesan, egg, flour and season with salt and pepper.
With the back of a spoon, evenly spread mixture into two circles on prepared trays. Bake for 25 minutes, until golden.
Meanwhile, place pine nuts on a baking tray, place in the oven and bake for 3–5 minutes, until golden, then set aside.
In a medium bowl, toss rocket with lemon juice and capers and scatter over pizzas. Top with tomatoes, shaved parmesan, basil leaves and toasted pine nuts. Season to your liking and serve.
Recipe by Tiffiny Hall.
NEXT: Looking for more healthy recipes? Try Tiffiny’s weekend fruit toast for a delicious breakfast.