Meals that incorporate fish are both delicious and healthy. The great thing is that they can range from complex to extremely easy. You can put as much time and effort into your fish-based meals as you want, but they should end up tasting great. This post will cover a few interesting fish recipes that you can whip up at home as either a meal for one or to feed the family.
Instant Pot Salmon And Rice (With Some Extra Broccoli On The Side)
Salmon is often touted as one of the healthiest foods on the planet, with its high levels of omega-3 fatty acids helping lower LDL cholesterol levels and prevent heart disease. It also happens to be incredibly delicious and easy to cook. In fact, you can even make this Instant Pot one-pot meal without breaking the bank and ending up with a super healthy, super tasty dish. All you will need is the salmon itself, the rice you choose (this recipe opts for Jasmine), and some seasonings and broccoli.
1/2 x cup water
4 x ounces frozen salmon fillets
1/4 x tsp minced ginger
1 x tbsp brown sugar
1/2 x tsp sesame oil
1/2 x cup jasmine rice
3 x tbsp olive oil
2 x tbsp soy sauce
1/2 x tbsp rice vinegar
1 x tsp garlic powder
1 x tsp parsley
1 x cup florets of broccoli
- Place your water and rice into the pot.
- Gently place your fillets on top of the rice.
- Mix your sesame oil and sugar in a separate bowl.
- Pour that mixture over the rice and salmon.
- Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- While they are cooking, add your broccoli to salted, boiling water, and cook until tender (ensure they are crisp and not soggy).
- Mix all the remaining ingredients to make the sauce.
- Release pressure and serve.
Catfish Served With Mango And Avocado Salsa
These ingredients go together so well; you will be kicking yourself that you have;y just discovered it. The Catfish provides a wonderful meatiness, and the mango and avocado salsa adds a delicious sweet and sour tang that you won’t be able to stop eating.
- 2 x tsp dried oregano
- 2 x tsp ground cumin
- 2 x tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 x catfish fillets
- 1 x medium mango nicely cubed
- 1 x medium ripe avocado equally nicely cubed
- 1/3 x cup finely sliced red onion
- 2 x tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 x tbsp lime juice
- 2 x tsp olive oil
- Mix the cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Rub all over your fillets and chill for around 30 minutes.
- Add the mango and avocado cubes into a bowl and mix with your onion, lime juice, and salt and pepper. (Try not to mash it all together, but gently coat the cubes).
- Heat an iron skillet over medium heat and cook your fillets until you can flake the meat easily.
- Take off the heat and allow them to rest while you get your salsa.
- Plate up and serve with the salsa poured all over the fillets.
Hopefully, these recipes are enough to get your mouth watering and ready to introduce more fish into your diet. Aside from the health benefits fish can provide, it is delicious, and you can make a wide variety of different dishes.