Human hair wigs are no longer anyone’s little secret tucked away deeply on a wig head on their nightstand. A more significant number of women have embraced the type of quick versatility coming with a wig; however, it seems as if some standard rules are to be set.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Wearing Wigs
Here is a list of do’s and do not’s for every woman wearing a wig to follow:
- Do not wear a wig as soon as you take it out from the package.
- Take it to any hairstylist to get it in proper shape and style, fitting perfectly on your face.
- Choose the most natural wig with the perfect look.
- Be careful with retro styles, and do not go for outrageous colors unless you are a model or a former Supreme.
- Go for the most natural-looking hairline and not the crescent one to make your forehead look great.
- Avoid choosing the too bulky crown because it looks like a wig and is also fake.
- Choose a wig that is appropriate as per your age.
- Leave the lace fronts to the professionals because even the celebs get the lace front wigs wrong. Henceforth, leave it as it is, in case you are not sure about what you are up to.
- Do not be a frequent user of wig glue for the love of your edges.
- Try half-wig as they are easier to pull off because some of your hair is exposed. However, make sure to match the texture with your real or natural hair.
- For a real and perfect look, brush out the curly wig curls with a paddle brush.
- When taking off, keep it on a dummy head to keep it in shape.
- Use a wig cap and keep your natural hair flat and smooth underneath.
Pro tips- secrets for using wigs:
- Start with shampooing your hair
- If the hairpiece you are using is synthetic, you can use the dish detergent and condition it with the fabric softener.
- As the wig is made up of fabric, shampooing it like real hair will not work on it.
- Hang it and let it dry to make it look fabulous.
- However, if you are using a wig made of human hair, you can use shampoo and conditioner to wash it adequately.
Mistakes that women usually make:
Women tend to use wigs for a longer time. Replace it at least once in a week if it is synthetic.
Many women tend to go bald due to hereditary factors, post-pregnancy, breastfeeding, or other issues. Therefore, they require wigs and other measurements to follow to enhance their overall look. However, many of them use wigs to look fancy and trending.
All you need to do is follow certain indications to make your wig look work perfect and acceptable.