Kick-start your morning with this full body workout. Head to the gym, step outside or do it from the comfort of your own home!
Outdoor full body circuit
- Five minute warm up jog: Do as many laps around a park or oval as required.
- Two minutes of bench stepups: As fast as you can alternating legs each step
- 12-15 bench dips
- 12-15 on the monkey bars or pullups
- 30 second abdominal hold
- 40 walking lunges: 20 steps in one direction, then turn around and lunge back
- 12-15 bench pushups
- Repeat as many times as possible, including the five minute run between sets
Gym full body circuit
- Five minutes on the bike
- 20 power squats: As fast as you can
- Five minute rower sprint
- 20 pushups: Starting on your toes, dropping to your knees if needed
- Six minute treadmill sprint
- Stomach super-sets: 15 full situps followed by 15 small crunches
Push/pull leg cardio
- Four minute sprint on your choice of cardio: Cross-trainer, treadmill, bike etc.
- 10 chest presses or pushups
- 10 triceps dips
- 10 bicep curls: With a bar or dumbbells
- Repeat two to three sets of all of the weights: Take no longer than six minutes in total.
- Five minutes sprint on cardio machine of choice
- 20 squats
- 20 lunges
- 20 situps
- Again, aim for two to three sets in six minutes
- Four minute sprint on cardio machine of choice
- 12-15 lat pulldown or seated row
- 30 second abdominal bridge
- Aim for two to three sets of these resistance training exercises
All over body cardio and weights
- 250 skips
- 12-15 squats to calf raises: Do this by extending the upwards phase of the squat and rolling up onto the balls of your feet into a calf raise
- 250 running stepups: Use a small step, no higher than one foot
- 10 moving planks: Begin by holding an abdominal bridge for 20 seconds. Push off your elbows onto your hands into a pushup position. Stay off the floor on your toes. Then return to the pushup position and repeat.
- 20 burpies: Start in a squatted position on the ground. First, push off from the arms, stretching out your legs behind you. Then, quickly jump back into the starting position and immediately jump up, stretching your arms above your head. When you land, go directly back into the squat position and repeat.
- 20 crunches: With hands behind your head and feet off the floor
Repeat as many times as possible in 30 minutes: Keep rest intervals short and push yourself to the limits. It doesn’t have to be a long workout, just an intense one.