Sculpt your butt and thighs with this awesome squat variation.
Until you feel comfortable in this position, start off using no weight. Warm up by holding the initial pose for a long five seconds, three to five times. Then use a moderately heavy weight for 13 – 15 reps.
Targets: Glutes, Hamstrings, Abductors
1. Grab desired dumbbell weight and stand with your feet slightly wider than your hips, toes pointed outwards.
2. Lower your hips down to the ground so you are essentially hovering.
3. Holding the weight with both hands, press and rest your elbows on the inside of your knees.
4. Keep your feet planted on the ground and lift towards the ceiling, leading with your glutes. Keep your back straight. Stop when you are parallel to the ground.
5. Return back down to the starting position and repeat for instructed reps.
NEXT: 5 new squats to try today
Words and workout by Heather Green, images by James Patrick Photography