Give yourself a strong core with this take on the traditional crunch.
1. Lie down with your legs up so that your thighs are perpendicular to the floor and feet are together and parallel to the floor.
2. Move your legs towards the torso as you roll your pelvis backwards and you raise your hips off the floor. At the end of this movement your knees will be touching your chest.
3. Hold the contraction for a second and move your legs back to the starting position while exhaling.
4. This can also be done on a flat bench, using both hands to reach behind your head and grasp the bench bar/pad.
5. Repeat for the desired amount of reps.
NEXT: Vertical leg crunch
Words and workout by Nichelle Laus, model: Shannon Prasarn, photography by Dave Laus