A surfer burpee will not only challenge you physically, but will also improve mobility in your hips and back.
This is an ideal exercise for surfers from beginner to expert level for helping to harness the explosive power and flexibility needed to get up on the board.
1. Bend over or squat down and place your hands on the floor in front of you, just outside of your feet.
2. Jump both feet back to a plank position.
3. Drop to a push-up – your chest should touch the floor. You can also drop to your knees here to make it easier if required.
4. Push up to return to a plank position while jumping feet to your left side, aiming to land on your mat, standing side on as you would on a surfboard. Don’t worry if you land off the mat, your challenge is just to eventually get there. Just keep practising!
5. Jump back into a plank position and repeat on the other side.
6. Repeat for 10 to 15 reps on each side.
NEXT: Medicine balls/" 10017 rel="nofollow" target="_self">ball burpees>>
Photo credit: Blake Pearl