A Hindu push-up is perfect for anyone wanting to work their arms, back, chest and legs.
So you think you’ve mastered the push-up? Let’s take it to next level. These push-ups will increase your strength and stamina as well as mobility in your spine, hips and shoulders.
1. Start in a downward-facing dog position with your feet spread wider than shoulders.
2. Breathing in, start bending your elbows so that your body comes forward. Bring your hips down towards the floor.
3. As your head gets closer to the floor, exhale and arch your spine so that you transition to an ‘upward facing dog’ without touching the floor.
4. Straighten your arms.
5. Keep your arms straight and push your hips back to the starting position.
6. Repeat for 10 to 15 reps.
Photo credit: Blake Pearl