Targets quads, glutes, and hamstrings.
1. Position yourself into a staggered stance with the rear foot elevated on a bench and front foot forward.
2. Hold a dumbbell in each hand, and let it hang to your sides.
3. Lower yourself by flexing your knee and hip. Maintain good posture throughout the movement, and keep the front knee in line with the foot as you perform the exercise.
4. Once at the bottom of the movement, drive through the heel to extend the knee and hip to return to the starting position.
5. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
How many sets & reps?
Week 1–2 5 sets 20–25 reps
Week 3–4 4 sets 15–18 reps
Week 5–6 3 sets 10–12 reps
NEXT: Browse more A-list butt workouts>>
Workout from Nichelle Laus (pictured); photo credit: Dave Laus