Spice up your leg raises and challenge your core strength with this hip-up to V-hold.
Inspired by yoga asanas, this move is slow and controlled and will work not only your core but also engage glutes and improve mobility in the shoulders.
1. Start by sitting on the floor with your legs extended, hands behind you and with fingertips facing your body.
2. Engage your core, point your toes and lift your hips up.
3. Lower your hips to the floor, lean back 45 degrees and extend your legs up to form a ‘V’ shape.
4. Hold for a count, and then repeat the sequence.
5. Continue for 10 to 15 reps.
Photo credit: Blake Pearl