Bored of the usual green salad? Throw in some pan-fried calamari, pine nuts, shaved
parmesan and a squeeze of lemon. Delicious.
- 10 small pieces calamari
- 3 cups rocket
- Juice of half a lemon
- Cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shaved parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 teaspoons roasted pine nuts (optional)
- Olive oil
1. Roast the pine nuts in a pan until just browned then place aside to cool.
2. Wash rocket and allow to dry.
3. Mix the olive oil, lemon and pepper together and toss through the rocket.
4. Score one side of the calamari in a criss-cross pattern. Heat a pan and spray with some olive oil. When the pan is hot, place the calamari in and turn over once. Cook for no longer than one minute.
5. Toss cooked calamari through the rocket, sprinkle with pine nuts and parmesan cheese and serve immediately. Serves 2
Want to lose weight? Find out your ideal weight, browse low-fat recipes and choose a healthy eating plan.