This piquant Middle Eastern-inspired salad takes mere seconds to throw together, yet looks
spectacular on the plate. Rose water adds an aromatic note.
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- ½ tsp rose water (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 4 medium carrots, peeled
- Yoghurt dressing
- ¾ cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1–2 tsp lemon juice, to taste
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp dukkah
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon and orange juices, rose water (if using), olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Use a vegetable peeler to cut carrots into long ribbons. Toss in the lemon and orange mixture.
1. Stir or shake together yoghurt, cumin, honey, lemon juice and salt.
2. To serve, spoon about 2 tbsp Yoghurt Dressing onto 4 plates and run a spoon through each to create a teardrop shape. Pile carrot ribbons next to the yoghurt and sprinkle with dukkah, pepper and a little mint.
Browse more low-fat recipes or choose a healthy eating plan today!