Get 100 per cent of your daily omega-3 needs with this delicious and low-fat salmon recipe.
- 2 (about 150g each) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 1/2 avocado, stone removed, peeled, finely choppe
- 2 tomatoes, halved, finely chopped
- ½ lemon, juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 sprigs parsley, chopped
- Cook the asparagus in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender-crisp. Refresh under cold water and drain.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Turn flame to medium and cook salmon for 4 minutes each side; transfer to a plate.
- Combine the avocado, tomato and parsley in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and lemon juice.
- Divide the asparagus among serving plates and top with the salmon, dressing with avocado salsa.
kj 2103.5, protein 35g, carb 4.6g, fat 37.6g
Recipe from The Communal Kitchen, Photography by Charlie Suriano.
Next, find out your ideal weight, browse low-fat recipes or choose a healthy eating plan.
Don’t forget to connect with us on Twitter and Facebook for daily updates!