Kick-start your day with this healthy, high protein porridge courtesy of our friends at 360Health.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500 ml water
- 2 pears, cored, peeled and sliced
- 1 ½ cups multigrain porridge mix (e.g. rolled oats, triticale, barley, rye, rice)
- ½ cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1 scoop 360Health Natural Protein
- 1 scoop 360Health Vanilla Protein
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Skim milk, sugar-free maple syrup and walnuts to serve
1. In a saucepan, combine water, pears, oats and dates and bring to the boil over a low heat, stirring constantly.
2. Simmer the porridge for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pears are tender. Remove from the heat.
3. Stir in the protein powder.
4. Spoon the porridge into 4 serving bowls. Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve with skim milk and honey or maple syrup if desired. A sprinkle of walnuts adds a lovely crunch.
NUTRITION (per serve)
Protein: 24g // Fat: 8.5g // Carbs: 47g // Calories: 369
Get your hands on the 360Health recipe book for more delicious recipes.