No more boring lunches! This pumpkin and feta chicken salad will bring the life back into work-day lunches.
What you’ll need (serves 2)
- 1 cup pumpkin, diced
- ¼ cup cold-pressed extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 bunch brocollini200 g chicken thigh
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 large handful spinach
- 1 tbsp kim chi or sauerkraut(fermented vegetables)
- 30 g goat’s feta1 small handful walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180°C
Peel and dice pumpkin, coat in coconut oil and bake in oven until soft.
Boil a small saucepan of water and steam broccoli. Set aside to cool.
In a pan with 1 tbsp of coconut oil, add chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook over a high heat, flipping halfway.
Place the spinach mix as the base in a large bowl or plate. Add fermented vegetables, roasted pumpkin, and diced broccoli. Crumble goat’s feta on top, sprinkle walnuts and dress with extra-virgin olive oil and apple cider vinegar.
Top with diced chicken before serving.
First published in nourish magazine. Recipe and image by The Natural Nutritionist, Steph Lowe.
Browse more healthy eating recipes and kick-start your journey to health and wellness.