This energy-boosting chia breakfast cereal is the perfect way to kick-start your day.
What you’ll need (serves 4)
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 40 g (1/4 cup) hazelnuts
- 120 g (3/4 cup) raw cashews
- 1/2 tsp alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 6 drops stevia liquid, or 2 tbsp sweetener of your choice (such as xylitol or rice malt syrup)
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 30 g (1/4 cup) chia seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, to serve
- Strawberries, to serve (optional)
- Almond milk, to serve
What you’ll do
Combine the salt, hazelnuts, cashews, vanilla, stevia and spices with three cups of filtered water in a blender and whizz until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and add the chia seeds. Stir to combine well, then cover and place in the fridge overnight. To serve, scatter with chopped nuts and strawberries, if using, and add almond milk.
Recipe and image from Supercharged Food, Eat Clean Green and Vegetarian by Lee Holmes, published by Murdoch Books $35.00
Learn more about chia seeds or browse breakfast ideas for gym-goers.