Holly Barker's 7 day workout program
I am active seven days a week. I am currently lifting five days a week and performing some type of cardio seven days a week.
Monday – Hamstrings
- Stiff-leg deadlift, German volume set 20 warm-up with bar, 10 sets of 10
- Lying hamstring curl, 4 sets of 12 to 15
- Sumo squats w/ Olympic bar, 4 sets of 12 to 15
- Single-leg deadlift w/dumbbell, 4 sets of 12 to 15 (each leg)
Tuesday – Posterior Upper Body
- Pre-exhaust wide grip pull-up, 3 sets of 8
- Seated row, 4 sets of 15
- Bent-over Olympic bar row x 20 (warm up with bar, weight up to 6 rep max, 4 reps at 6 rep max)
- One-arm dumbbell row, 4 sets of 10 (each side)
Wednesday – Quads/Glutes
- Lying glute bridge at Smith machine, German volume set, 10 sets of 10
- Kick-backs, 4 sets of 10
- Squats, 3 sets to failure
- Front squat, 4 sets of 10
- Plyo box step-ups (hold dumbbell in one hand and step up to the alternate side), 3 sets of 20 (each leg)
- Seated leg extension, 2 sets of 5 quick, 5 resisted, 5 quick + 2 strip set
Thursday – Anterior Upper Body
- Dumbbell hammer curl, 4 sets of 10
- Cable lateral raise, 4 sets of 10
- Ropes, 4 x 30 seconds
- Straight bar cable bicep curl, 4 sets of 12
- Seated press, 4 sets of 8
- Javelin press, 3 sets to failure
Friday – Total Body Fitness Challenge (free iPhone app)
This finishes the week with a cardio blast. It is a free app and it populates exercises with demonstrations and how-to photos, and times you while you perform each move. The hard level challenges you with 10 exercises, starting with 100 down to 10 with a 10-minute finisher and the easy option challenges you to 50 repetitions of an exercise, moving down to 10 with a five-minute finisher. It ensures that I have a stimulated, intense session without having to think of what I should do or what comes next.
Monday through Sunday – Cardio
Walk the dog, hike, run, bike or whatever I feel like!
NEXT: Wanted to workout and not sure what's the best program for you? Choose the right program suited to your goals.