Crumbed chicken & salsa in pita
This easy recipe is perfect for summer picnics or quick-fix lunches.
Ingredients (serves 4)
• 2 chicken fillets, butterflied
• 1½ cups wholemeal breadcrumbs
• 1 tsp mild paprika
• 1 avocado
• 1 cucumber
• 2 tomatoes
• 1½ tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 4 wholemeal pitas
• Mayonnaise for serving
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) fan-forced. Slice chicken into nuggets, approximately four cm long.
2. Place breadcrumbs, paprika and a pinch of salt in a bowl and mix (for preparation of breadcrumbs, see cooking tips). Dip chicken nuggets into breadcrumbs until coated. Cover a baking tray with foil and place nuggets on tray. Cook for 25 minutes.
3. To prepare salsa, dice avocado, peeled cucumber and tomatoes, and place in a bowl. Toss with lemon juice, oil and salt to taste. To warm pitas, wrap in foil and place in oven for two to three minutes. To serve, spread some mayonnaise over the base of the pita, and top with chicken nuggets and salsa.
Protein: 39.1 |Fat: 19.7g