Poached chicken omelette
You can make this nutrient-packed poached chicken omelette in the time it would take you to heat a microwave meal.
- 100g poached chicken breast
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 1 small carrot cut into thin matchsticks
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- 1 spring onion sliced
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 small red chilli
- To make the dipping sauce, whisk all ingredients together
- Poach the chicken by placing it in a small pot of boiling water. Immediately reduce the heat to a simmer for approx 10-12 minutes.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk eggs with 1 tsp soy sauce and 1 tsp water.
- Heat a large non stick frying pan. Pour egg mixture and swirl to coat the pan. Turn heat to low and on one side of the omelette, add shredded chicken, bean sprouts, carrot and coriander leaves.
- Once egg is golden and cooked through, fold the lid of the omelette over and slide onto a plate. Garnish omelette with spring onions and dipping sauce.
kj 685, protein 19.4kg, carb 1.7g, fat 6.3g
Recipe from The Communal Kitchen, Photography by Charlie Suriano.
Want to lose weight? Find out your ideal weight, browse low-fat recipes and choose a healthy eating plan.
Don't forget to connect with us on Twitter and Facebook for daily updates!