Spiced lamb with tomato, cucumber and minted yoghurt
Serve up a tasty treat in no time at all!
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 2 lamb backstrap
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ lemon juice
- 3 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ Lebanese cucumber, sliced into 2 cm pieces
- ¼ cup black olives, pitted
- ½ lemon, juice
- 2 tbSP olive oil
- Sea salt
1. Place lamb in a small bowl and add spices, salt and pepper and olive oil. Mix to combine and allow to marinate for ten minutes.
2. Place tomato and cucumber and olives in a bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small cup and add to the salad. Toss to combine. Mix yoghurt and mint in a small bowl.
3. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil spray over medium heat. Cook lamb for 3 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
Thickly slice the lamb. Divide the salad and lamb among serving plates and add a dollop of mint yoghurt.