- Health & Beauty
- Diet & Nutrition
- Weight loss
- WHF TV
This dish is packed full of spices, reducing the amount of fat required for flavour.
Ingredients (serves 4)
1. In a small pot, add lentils and cover with water. Bring to the boil and cook for about 10 minutes, or until lentils are soft. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion has softened.
3. Add Moroccan seasoning, cinnamon, ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add carrot and pumpkin. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until combined. Add stock and tomato and cover.
4. Reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes or until vegetables start to soften, stirring occasionally. Add cauliflower. Stir to combine. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
5. Add lentils, zucchini and honey. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves and serve with steamed basmati rice.
18.1 g protein
39.1 g carbs
7.2 g fat
Recipe from thecommunalkitchen.com.au.
Photography by Charlie Suriano