The Mediterranean diet is backed by science, with tomatoes, olive oil and even vino shown to slow the clock.
Kick-start your healthy eating plan with these delicious Mediterranean turkey steaks.
• 4 turkey breast steaks*
• 2 zucchinis
• 4 finger eggplants
• 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
• 100g Swiss brown mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
• 250g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
• ½ cup small black olives
• 2 lemons, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
• 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel down the length of zucchini and eggplants forming ribbons.
- Place vegetables into a bowl. Add red onion rings. Add two tablespoons of oil and toss until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place vegetables with tomatoes and olives into four piles onto prepared tray. Put steaks onto vegetable piles and place slices of lemon onto steak.
- Drizzle with remaining oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are soft and turkey steaks are cooked. Transfer vegetable piles and turkey steaks to plates. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Get more healthy recipes or browse the latest nutritional advice. Don't forget to share your thoughts on Facebook and Twitter!