Quinoa, chicken and feta salad recipe
Looking for more healthy lunch ideas? This quinoa, chicken and feta salad has it all.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500 g skinless chicken tenderloins or thigh fillets
- 200 g quinoa, rinsed, drained
- Olive oil spray
- 1 bunch broccolini or asparagus, cut into 4cm lengths
- 250 g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 50 g baby rocket leaves
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
Whisk together parsley, mint, lemon juice and oil; season to taste. Pour half of the dressing over the chicken and allow to marinate while cooking quinoa. Reserve remaining dressing for salad. Boil quinoa for 12 to 15 minutes, or until just tender but still firm to the bite. Drain well, and transfer to a large bowl. Set aside to cool. Spray chicken and broccolini or asparagus lightly with oil, BBQ or char-grill over high heat until cooked through and tender.
Rest for five minutes and slice chicken. Add the sliced chicken, broccolini or asparagus, feta, spring onions, rocket and pomegranate seeds to the quinoa and drizzle with reserved dressing. Toss to combine and arrange in a serving platter. If preparing this salad ahead of time for a work lunch, omit the rocket and refrigerate. Toss through the rocket at the last minute to prevent it from wilting.
Recipe by Bianca Cheah.