Spiced chickpea and kale-stuffed capsicums
Looking for healthy mid-week recipes? Try these spiced chickpea and kale-stuffed capsicums from naturopath Cassie Mendoza-Jones.
Ingredients (serves 6)
6 capsicums, any colour (or one per person)
1 tin organic chickpeas, rinsed well
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp Moroccan spice blend
Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
¼ bunch kale
Dash of olive oil
1. Heat oven to 180°C. Cut the tops off the capsicums and de-seed them. Keep their ‘lids’.
2. In a bowl, mix together the chickpeas, coconut oil, Moroccan spices and pink salt.
3. Grate the zucchini and lay the strips over the side of the capsicums so they can be folded over before baking. Stuff the bottom of each capsicum with some kale, then fill with 1 to 2 tbsp of the chickpeas.
4. Fold the zucchini ribbons over the top of the chickpeas, put the ‘lid’ of the capsicum on and bake in the oven for about 20 to 25 minites or until the capsicums look cooked.
5. Serve capsicums with fish of your choice, grilled or pan fried with olive oil.
Tip: Stuff capsicums with quinoa, nuts or seeds as a delicious vegetarian or vegan main meal.
Recipe from elevatevitality.com.au