Vietnamese salad with chicken
Looking for healthy lunch ideas? We love this Vietnamese salad from Amanda Battley.
Ingredients (serves 6)
• 100g (1 cup) white cabbage, shredded
• 60g (1 medium-sized) carrot, shredded
• 150g (1 medium-sized) zucchini, shredded
• 150g (1 medium-sized) pear, shredded (not ripe)
• 150g (1 medium-sized) apple, shredded
• 200g (3 medium-sized) cooked chicken breasts (shredded or cut into fine slices)
• 1 bunch (about 1 cup) coriander leaves
• 1 large bunch (about 1 cup) mint leaves
• 1 hot bird’s eye chilli (seeded and minced)
• 10g (1 fat clove) garlic (peeled and minced)
• 20ml (1 tbsp) agave syrup
• 30ml (1 ½ tbsp) rice wine vinegar
• 30ml (1 ½ tbsp) lime juice
• 30ml (1 ½ tbsp) Thai fish sauce
• 30ml (1 ½ tbsp) vegetable oil
• Black pepper
What you’ll do
In a bowl, combine the chilli, garlic, syrup, vinegar, lime juice, fish sauce, oil, and add black pepper to taste. Put to one side for half an hour.
In a big plate or bowl, mix the cabbage, carrot, zucchini, pear, apple, chicken, coriander and mint.
Pour over the chilli-flecked dressing and toss very well so everything is combined and covered thinly.
Serve sprinkled with extra mint and coriander.
kJ 574 | Fat 6.3g | Carb 7.7g | Protein 10.8g
By Amanda Battley, published by Buddha Soul Pty Limited/Jacksons Publications. RRP $39.99, buddhasoul.com