5 ways to boost your energy levels in the morning
Integrative medicine specialist and author of Are You Tired and Wired? Marcelle Pick suggests:
- If possible, eat breakfast by 7am or within an hour of getting up (a half hour after waking is even better) to restore blood-sugar levels after using glycogen stores at night.
- Aim for a nutritious snack around 10am to keep your blood sugar stable.
- Try to eat lunch between noon and 1pm. Your morning meal and snack can be used up quickly.
- Eat a nutritious snack between 2pm and 3pm to get you through the natural dip in cortisol around 3pm or 4pm.
- Make an effort to eat dinner by 6pm and make this your lightest meal of the day.
NEXT: Working out? Discover the key to nailing specific meal timing tricks for the best results.